Flinders Island is known for its beaches, bush walking, surfing, fishing, diving, native birds and animals.
It also has a long, interesting and tragic history covering the early sealers, Tasmanian Aborigines, Wybalenna, mutton birds,..... wonderfully illustrated and presented at its local Furneaux Museum.
Check the Flinders Island Tourism and Business Association and Council websites. Flinders Island also has a number of tour operators who may be able to help you. E.g. Flinders Island Dive, Rockjawtours.
Alternatively contact the Flinders Island Visitor Information Centre Tel: (03) 6359 5002 for further information. To fit in with the weather conditions and the touring schedules it is best to arrange any tours when you book your flights.
Flinders Island has a mild oceanic climate. The summers are drier than the winters, and the total annual average rain fall is ~743mm (29in). In the Summer the average high is ~22°C (72°F). In the Winter the average high is ~14°C (57 °F). The winds are milder in the months of April to June. For more climate information visit BoM Climate Data
What is happening?
The Council publishes an on-line calendar which lets residents and visitors know what is happening and when.
Make sure you check it out when you arrive. Don’t forget to meet and wave to the friendly locals.
- Bowls Club
- Craft & Bingo Activities
- Exercise Classes including Stump
- Field & Game Club
- Flinders Island Community Choir
- Kayaking Club
- Men & Women’s Golf Club Events
- Goju Karate Jutsu
- Scottish Dancing
- Walking Group
- Wine Club
- A Taste of Flinders (Whitemark) Mob: 0474 889 236
- Flinders Island Bakery (Whitemark) Tel: 03 6359 2105
- Flinders Island Vistas (Catering) Mob: 0428 855 022
- Interstate Hotel (Whitemark) Tel 03 6359 3664
- Mountain Seas Tel: 03 6359 4586
- Pepper Berry Cove Cafe (Whitemark) tel 6355 2138 email email@example.com
- Shearwater Restaurant Furneaux Tavern (Lady Baron)
Tel: 03 6359 3521
- White Rabbit Gourmet (Whitemark-RSL/Sportsclub)
Tel: 0467 046 809